With over 60 years of shooting experience under his belt, Gordon MacPhee is now considered to be one of New Zealand’s top shooters and instructors, having coached many a student to top accolades.
- He has two NZ A Grade High Guns
- Has been NZ National coach for 10 years
- Australasian coach in 1992
- Current NZCTA Sporting coach – 1 of just 4 in New Zealand
- Represented New Zealand in Sporting Clays overseas for 13 years, including 2 World Championships
- Coach for Palmerston North Boys High School for the last 25 years
- Won bronze at the World English Doubles Championships 2011
Gordon MacPhee offers specialist coaching workshops both on site at the Rata Sporting Clays shooting range, and out in the field. We have both a shotgun and rifle range with sporting and Down The Line (DTL) layout with 18 traps. There is also a wing shooting option to simulate pheasant and duck shooting etc.
Both individuals and groups are catered for, with corporate and social functions being particularly popular. Gordon is currently coaching a number of competitive individuals and teams. The coaching is suitable for all ages, both men and women, and from novice through to fully experienced.
Booking is essential.
“Gordon has been an integral part of clay target shooting at P.N.B.H.S since the mid 1980’s. While secondary school shooting is primarily focused on DTL ( Down The Line ) shooting, Gordon has coached the skills and techniques of all three disciplines – DTL, Skeet and Sporting. Gordon’s genius is not only his skills to teach these disciplines, but his ability to spot the minor errors or faults that inevitably creep into a shooter’s form.”Chris Higgie – Teacher in Charge, Clay Target Shooting